Encouraging Catholic Teachers and Catholic Schools to develop Catholic Identity through understanding the Catholic Social Teachings!
Catholic Teachers and Catholic Schools have so much to offer Catholic families! Catholic schools offer a unique perspective on life, on faith, and on morality. Particularly in the current moral situation in which we are living, our uniquely-Catholic perspective on life is not only needed, it may very well help save our culture!
Please reach out to Dr. Walsh-Soucheray to learn how she can serve you and your school from a uniquely Catholic perspective, in an effort to help Faculty and Staff learn how to integrate Catholic Identity, through the use of the Catholic Social Teachings.
Catholic Teacher Trainings and Retreats:
- Full-Day Retreats and Seminars
- Half-Day Retreats and Seminars
- Teacher Workshop Days
- Hour-Long Trainings
Ideas for Trainings, Retreats, and Seminars Include:
- Catholic Social Teachings and Catholic Identity:
* Helping the Faculty and Staff understand these core concepts of our faith and align with them in their classrooms and throughout the school;
- Specific topics related to the ages of your students (elementary through high school);
- Specific topics related to the morality of our culture;
- Specific topics related to help integrate spirituality in classroom lessons;
- Specific topics to address positive interactions with students;
- Specific topics to address positive interactions with parents;
- An element of discussion and hands-on work is included with every workshop or seminar.
- Integrating Sacramental Living into the Classroom;
- Virtuous Living on a Daily Basis in the Classroom Setting;
- Understanding and Working with Student Anxiety in the Wake of the Pandemic;
- Encouraging Good, Moral Behavior in Student Interactions;
- The Benefits of Incorporating Self-Care into the Everyday Experiences of Teachers;
- Other Ideas and Suggestions are Welcome.
Message from Dr. Kate:
I taught a class in August, 2021 for mental health professionals who are part of the national Catholic Psychotherapy Association about the trauma adolescents experienced during COVID-19. This information would be equally helpful for Principals and Middle School and High School Teachers. I received several direct emails from participants about how helpful the information was for them in their work with preadolescents and adolescents. I received these written comments from the Webinar Chair, Mandy Mullen:
"We received such wonderful feedback regarding your training and the obvious expertise you brought to the topic. You were able to take such a difficult clinical topic accessible and provide the attendees with many useful tools."
Dr. Kate Walsh-Soucheray is a licensed Minnesota teacher and a former licensed marriage and family therapist, now Emeritus status. Dr. Walsh-Soucheray presents Retreats, trainings, seminars, and workshops for teachers, administrators, and parish staff from a lively, engaging, and informative style. She also integrates relevant discussions and effective interactions into each of her presentations, in which participants actively engage one another and leave the training with new ideas, inspiration, and motivation to continue to serve others in their Catholic faith capacity with a renewed commitment.
Testimonials from participants of Dr. Walsh-Soucheray's Catholic School Presentations:
- I really appreciated the faith-focused and peace-centric approach [of the retreat].
- Great presentation - very relevant!
- Checking in during the year to refocus would be awesome!
- Coming from public school, this was so refreshing and invigorating. Thank you!
- I found that peace [of God] during the pandemic, but this just confirmed it.
- The speaker [Dr. Walsh-Soucheray] was very engaging, inspiring, and encouraging.
- I feel like I have tools from the speaker to help me be successful [this year].
- I appreciated the writing prompts and the time to share with others.
- PLEASE BRING THIS SPEAKER BACK!!
- God does have a plan for ALL of us!!
- I absolutely have a sense of hope now!
- Excellent session - Well worth it!
- Dr. Walsh-Soucheray has a gift for love that I find profound. You are very comforting and PROFESSIONAL in your delivery.
- What a wonderful retreat! I really felt that I could be present and really focus on my faith...even if for a short time.
Dr. Walsh-Soucheray holds a doctorate in Educational Leadership. She also holds a master's degree in Theology from the St. Paul Seminary and she writes a monthly column for The Catholic Spirit, the archdiocesan newspaper for the St. Paul/Minneapolis archdiocese, and a master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and is an LMFT, Emeritus.
Thank you and God bless,
Kate Walsh Soucheray, Ed.D., Doctor of Education; M.A.T., M.A., LMFT, Emeritus
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Emeritus
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Walsh-Soucheray at:
A Sample of Dr. Walsh-Soucheray's Writings:
Internationally-Published Article: A White Counselor in a Multicultural World: Understanding the Need for a Spiritual, Multicultural Counseling Course: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343134527_A_White_Counselor_in_a_Multicultural_World_Understanding_the_Need_for_a_Spiritual_Multicultural_Counseling_Course
The Importance of Positive Thinking
Self-Care in the Age of COVID and the Election:
Trust in the Lord with All Your Heart:
Getting back to Mass in the Middle of a Pandemic: https://www.soulsandhearts.com/blog/getting-back-to-mass-in-the-middle-of-a-pandemic
Self-Care Article: https://www.soulsandhearts.com/blog/balancing-on-a-tightrope-during-covid-19
The Sacramental Life of the Catholic Christian: https://www.soulsandhearts.com/blog/the-sacramental-life-of-a-catholic-christian